Julie Camilleri is a local Adelaide artist who captures the beauty of the world with her camera.
Her passion for photography and traveling greatly complement each other as she produces
inspirational fine art images.
She established Captured in Time Photography in 1999 after discovering an aptitude for
wedding and portrait photography to complement her love of landscape photography.
After completing her degree in Professional Writing and Communication, Julie relocated
to the United States to pursue her passion for photography. Her career flourished in upstate
New York where she worked as a reporter and photographer for a local newspaper and also
contributed a monthly travel and photography column to Women in Motion.
As a result, Captured in Time Photography became very successful and in addition to
wedding and portrait photography, Julie exhibited her fine art photography in numerous venues.
Now happy to call Adelaide home again, Julie continues to pursue her photography ventures.
Her talents also extend to creative design and writing, which together create a strong
foundation for her success.
Her passion for travelling has taken her throughout the United States, The Caribbean,
At a glance
Europe, Thailand and Australia with many more plans for future travel.
Her love of exploring
is only complete when she has her camera right beside her to
capture the beauty of the surrounding world.
- Studied photography at UniSA (cognate)
- Established Captured in Time Photography in 1999
- Weddings, portraits, fine art
- Member usphotographers.com
- Reporter and Photographer, Mohawk Valley Media, New York
- Rome Observer
- Life & Times of Utica
- Women in Motion
- Photographed and wrote a feature travel section in Women in Motion
- Turning Stone Resort & Casino
- Copywriter and Photographer
- South Australian Living Artists Festival (SALA) 2011
- Photography Tuition
- Natures Impressions
- A World-Wind Exhibition 2011
- Featuring Australia, Malta and Thailand
- Caos Cafe
- August 2011
- A World-Wind Exhibition 2010
- Featuring Australia, Italy and America
- Caos Cafe
- August 2010
New York, USA
- Sano’s Pastamore
- September 15th – October 15th 2006
- Sano’s Pastamore
- March 2007 - permanent exhibition
- Syracuse Art Gallery
- Park Drive Estates – permanent exhibition
- Arsenal House
First Place, East Wichita News Photography Contest, Human Interest, September 2003
First Place, The Photo Shoppe photo competition, Colour, Rome, NY, March 2007
Second Place, The Photo Shoppe photo competition, B&W, Rome, NY, March 2008
Volunteer and supplier for SALA (South Australia Living Artists Festival), 2011-present
Volunteer for Glitz & Hammer Ball (Cancer Council), 2011
Volunteer for Relay for Life (Cancer Council), 2010-present
Chair of Public Relations for Rome Weed and Seed, 2006-2008
Co-Chair of the Taste of Rome Arts and Cultural Festival Committee, 2006-2007
Member of the Main Streets Promotions Committee, 2006-2008
City Representative for the Rome Commission of the Arts, 2006-2008
Taught an Intergenerational photography class, Ava Dorfman Center, 2006